Ecole des Roches Winter Camp is a 4 or 6 week programme designed for students aged 12-18 who wish to learn or improve their skills in French Language, irrespective of starting point. Winter Camp combines language lessons (20-30 hours per week), cultural excursions and sporting activities. Sample activities include: golf, horse-riding, French cookery and go-karting. Excursions to Paris, Versailles, Rouen, and Disneyland Paris are also offered.
Example of a weekly programme
- 20 to 30 hours of French courses weekly
- 2 excursions weekly
- 8 to 14 hours of sports or social activities weekly
- Assessment of learning achievement
- Educational report
The key features of the programme
- Placement test the first day and distribution of the participants into class of french language.
- Small teaching groups – average : 15 students / class.
- Partial integration of participants in french classes with french pupils, on the condition that they satisfied a minimum level of french proficiency.
- Full board in complete immersion with the pupils of the school.
- Acquisition of written and oral skills.
- French speaking teachers.
- Various sports and cultural activities: Equitation, golf, aviation, karting, French cooking (including Macarons), tennis, fitness, oriental dance, football, basketball, journaling, etc…