Gateway School Rated Excellent in ISI Inspection
Gateway School is proud to have been rated an ‘Excellent’ school in a recent Independent Schools Inspectorate’s (ISI) Compliance and Educational Quality Inspection,
The inspection was completed in November 2022 and Gateway achieved the highest possible rating across all areas of our provision for pupil achievement and personal development. In the Focused Compliance Inspection, Gateway met every statutory standard.
The key findings of the inspection are as follows and you can read the full report by clicking here.
- Pupils’ attitude to learning is excellent; they are ambitious and curious learners.
- Pupils consistently reach high levels of attainment, particularly at the point of transition to senior school.
- The pupils’ ability to think critically and analytically is excellent.
- Pupils’ speaking, reading and writing skills are outstanding.
- The pupils have strongly positive attitudes to issues of equality and diversity, stating firmly that everyone deserves respect, regardless of any differences of gender, belief, ethnicity or ability.
- Pupils show outstanding levels of concentration and application in lessons.
- Behaviour in school and in the playground is excellent.
- The school is highly successful in preparing the pupils well for transition to the senior schools of their choice.
Copies of previous inspection reports can be downloaded by clicking the links below:
What is an ISI inspection?
The Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) is appointed by the Department for Education to inspect association independent schools in England. The inspectors observe lessons, have discussions with pupils and examine samples of pupils’ work. They hold discussions with members of staff and with governors, observe co-curricular activities and attend form meetings and assemblies. Inspectors consider the responses of parents, staff and pupils to a pre-inspection questionnaire and examine curriculum and other documents.
Find out more
If you would like to find out more about Gateway School please contact the Registrar, Helen, to arrange a personal visit or ask any questions you may have. She can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01494 867 806.